By: Blaine Williams
In our modern workplace, the need to digitize important documents is becoming more and more prevalent. Moreover, the need to digitize important documents quickly and effectively is becoming a necessary part of our daily workflow. Lucky for us, we aren’t limited to standalone desktop scanners or multi-function printers, we can use the technology right in the palm of our hands to accomplish this task. Taking into account our increasing digital needs, the mobile App store marketplaces have been flooded with “scan apps” that allow end users to scan any hard copy documents directly into their mobile devices for storing/editing on the mobiles as well as PCs. I surmise that having a plethora of scan apps to choose from begs the question, which scan app is right for me? In anticipation of this question being asked by the readers, I’ve compiled a list of the top mobile scan apps available in the marketplace and their functionality limitations.
- FineScanner Pro (Android & iOS) – FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to quickly capture docs and books, creating electronic copies in PDF and JPG, and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
2. Microsoft Office Lens (Android & iOS) – Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
3. Scanbot Pro (Android & iOS) – Scanbot specializes documents and QR codes. Create high-quality PDF or JPG scans with just one tap. Send files via email or as a fax. Upload them to iCloud Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote and other cloud services.
4. Scanner For Me + OCR (iOS) – Featured in Best of 2016 Top Paid collection on the App Store in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and many more countries! Scan, print and manage documents with your iOS device!
5. Scanner Pro (iOS) – Scanner Pro scans any papers, ranging from a receipt to multi-page documents. Scanner Pro will automatically detect borders, correcting distortion and geometry. Share, email and upload your perfect scans. Use OCR to convert any scan into a text.