Marie Brown Stafford
“I love helping people and learning new things, both of which I get to do with Network 1!”
As Network 1’s Office Administrator, Marie get to use her outstanding project management and organizational skills to keep things running smoothly. She has a diverse professional background, having worked in law offices, with major corporations and even as a preschool teacher, giving her the skills necessary to manage and maneuver through the needs of an IT firm.
She is a graduate of Emory University, where she earned her B.A. She also earned her J.D. from the Georgia State College of Law, and was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia.
Raised in Fort Mill, SC, Marie now lives in Atlanta, GA. She and her husband are the proud parents of a daughter (attending university) and son (in high school). She volunteers her time with a variety of non-profits, including Atlanta Speech School, Piedmont Park Conservancy, Achievement Rewards for College Scientists and Young Men’s Service League, to name a few. Her hobbies include reading, playing bridge, cooking and walking her dog.
I bet you didn’t know
- Her favorite authors are Jhumpa Lahiri and James Baldwin.
- She once danced with Mick Jagger at a party.
- Cats love her but she’s deathly allergic to them.
- She would love to travel to the Maghreb region in Northwest Africa.
- She claims to be able to read minds, particularly those of her children.