Finding shortcuts and easier ways to do things on the computer is the way of life. There are too many shortcuts to list them all, but using these common and not so common shortcuts may save you time, energy and possibly a headache. Listed below are a few Keyboard Shortcuts that can be really beneficial in your day to day work activities.
- You didn’t mean to close that tab? Simply Ctrl+Shift+T and it will reopen the most recent tab you closed. (Cmd in place of Ctrl for macs)
- Did you just delete or move a file by accident? Ctrl+Z will bring it back.
- YouTube is used by almost everyone these days. Common use of the space bar to pause a video is only the beginning. You can also use the K key for pause. The M key can be used for mute, J Key for 10 sec. rewind, and the K key for 10 sec. fast forward.
- Copy and Paste much? Do you have trouble with formatting? When your pasting text you can use Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V and it will paste unformatted text.
- Have a lot of windows open and want to get back to a specific page? Use Alt+Tab and you and cycle through your open windows. Alt+Shift+Tab lets you do this in reverse.
- To close your current window or tab you can use Ctrl+W.
- Searching for specific wording in a large document or even on the web? You can use Ctrl+F to fast track your search and it will highlight the work you’re looking for. This works almost everywhere.