by Cheryl Sklar
Now that the new year is here, so many of us are trying to get better organized. Whether it’s a New Year’s Resolution or just an effort to get your act together better and start a fresh new year with a fresh new perspective, we can all use some help putting our lives in order.
Thanks to one of our great engineers here at Network 1 (thanks, Robert Cheek), I’ve been enlightened by the Errands app. While I remind myself constantly of things that I need to get done (using the Alarms on my iPhone – Do You Remember?), and I make small To-Do lists on my Notes app on my iPhone, this great find combines the two. It’s great for setting recurring tasks for weekly/monthly chores, as well as organizing any reminders for things that happen more than one time. For more info, visit https://yoctoville.com.
While I’m still learning the ins and outs of it, this organizer tool has many benefits:
- Very user friendly and easy to customize to fit your needs (with stock images or your own photos).
- You can sort things into various folders and rearrange them as needed.
- Each task (which can be scheduled with a due date and time and sorted easily) has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
- Full support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
- A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates.
- Mail tasks (single tasks or entire folders) – for sharing or backing up.
- Notes can be viewed as a checklist, which you can sort and rearrange easily – great for shopping lists as well as crossing things off your to-do lists (a big plus for me and something that brings me great satisfaction).
- A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
This app is free and can be downloaded from the AppStore. There is a premium version, for a nominal fee, that comes with some additional features. I haven’t had a need to upgrade to that at this time.
So if you are super busy in your law office or medical practice, or just trying to get your personal life better organized, check out this great organizer to see if it works well for you. Don’t worry, Tony, you can still use your sticky notes.
Just start playing around with it and see how it works best for you. There is a great Mini User’s Guide accessible from Settings as well as a Frequently Asked Questions page. I was also impressed by the built-in support form (in Settings) to contact the developer for quick responses to your questions.
Sklar With over 25 years of experience in sales, marketing and general coordination, Cheryl uses her varied organizational skills to enhance the behind the scenes workings of Network 1. She strives to help things run smoothly wherever she can.
email@example.com or 404.997.7641
Network 1 Consulting is a 16-year-old, IT Support company in Atlanta, GA. We become – or augment – the IT department for professional services companies: law firms, medical practices and financial services firms. Our IT experts can fix computers – but what our clients really value are the industry-specific best practices we bring to their firms. This is especially important with technology, along with regulations and cyber threats, changing so rapidly. We take a proactive approach to helping our clients use technology to gain and keep their competitive advantage.