Tracy Spears – Transworld Systems
by Richard Stokes
Have you ever wondered why you just can’t see eye to eye on issues with that co-worker of yours and why so you frequently disagree, sometimes heatedly, on work issues?
Well, Tracy Spears, Region Vice President of Transworld Systems is our speaker for this month and she is going to be presenting a fun and interactive presentation on how to identify the different personality types we each have in our lives and what we can do to better work with them and/or manage them more effectively.
This is particularly important for medical practices because you tend to see a vast range of personality styles represented at your office. This not only ranges from the physicians to front and back office staff but also to the patients that come through the door.
Some of the key things you can expect to take away from Tracy’s presentation are:
- Overall view of understanding “why people do what they do” and how to work with, manage and lead people for optimal performance.
- Easily identify the four personality temperaments.
- Know the basic needs and motivations of each temperament.
- Recognizing interaction styles – how one processes thoughts and gets his/her energy.
Afterwards, some of the items that Tracy would like you to take action on, in your practice would be:
- Start to identify the temperaments and interaction styles of co-workers/ employees/ patients / friends/ family.
- Offer the four color perforated cards, provided with the workbook, to help identify temperaments.
- Have co-workers/ friends/ family take the temperament and interaction assessments in the workbook.
- Watch and listen to the bridges of communication open as people better understand why others (and themselves) work and behave in certain ways.
- Share with others.
Tracy is of course going to be a great resource for questions on this topic so don’t be shy to ask questions at the meeting but if you are looking for more information here are some additional resources you can look in to:
- TIME magazine dated February 6, 2012, “The Power of (Shyness)”
- Susan Cain, author of the new book “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.”
So, if you haven’t already registered for this month’s event, what are you waiting for? North Fulton MGMA
Leave a Comment