Should I continue to use ACT! or should I move my CRM to The Cloud?
by David Gracey
This is actually a question we are getting from many of our Commercial Real Estate related clients – many of whom currently use ACT!
The starting point for all provider/solution comparisons should be functionality; i.e., does the solution do what you need, or, can the provider configure and customize the solution to do what you need (now and in the future)?
Additional criteria need to be taken into account as well when evaluating Cloud CRM solutions: provider viability, architecture and technology, references and support. Below is a list – provided by Saugatuck Technology Inc. – of leading, influential, and emergent Cloud-based providers of CRM solutions, many if not most of which can meet the majority of user needs.
- Ardexus Mode www.ardexus.com
- Pivotal CRM www.cdcsoftware.com
- C2CRM www.c2crm.com
- First Wave Technologies CRM www.firstwave.net
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM www.microsoft.com
- NetSuite CRM+ www.netsuite.com
- Oncontact Software CRM www.oncontact.com
- Optima Technologies ExSellence www.optima-tech.com
- Oracle Siebel CRM www.oracle.com
- Right Now Technologies CRM Suite www.rightnow.com
- Sage Software CRM www.sagesoftware.com
- Salesforce.com CRM www.salesforce.com
- Salesplace CRM www.salesplace.com
- SAP CRM www.sap.com
- SugarCRM www.sugarcrm.com
- update software Update seven www.update.com
Any discussion around moving to or deploying CRM in the Cloud should weigh the potential benefits: lower costs, focus on core competencies, predictable expenses, and business agility. And the challenges of the Cloud should also be included in the discussion: downtime, service level agreements (SLAs), information security, data access if Cloud vendor goes out of business, system integration and software customization.
When evaluating the potential of CRM in the Cloud, Commercial Real Estate related companies – as well as other small businesses – should weigh the benefits and challenges to determine the appropriate solution for their CRM needs.
Network 1 Consulting is a 14-year-old, IT Support company in Atlanta, GA. We become – or augment – the IT department for professional services companies: law firms, medical practices and financial services firms. Our IT experts can fix computers – but what our clients really value is the industry-specific best practices we bring to their firm. This is especially important with technology, along with regulations and cyber threats, changing so rapidly. We take a proactive approach to helping our clients use technology to gain and keep their competitive advantage.
Leave a Comment