Tuesday Tip: Do You Remember?
by Cheryl Sklar
Do you remember the days when you used to have to write yourself notes to remember things? Or tie a string around your finger? Or ask someone more responsible than you to remind you to do something? I used to turn my watch around to help me remember something for later but then I’d have a hard time remembering why I did that. Duh!
One of my favorite – and most used – features is setting an Alarm. Or lots of alarms. Here’s how:
1. Tap the Clock icon on the Home screen to display open the Clock application.
2. Tap the Alarm icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the + sign at the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Choose the time of the alarm by rotating the wheel on the bottom half of the screen. (If you want the alarm to go off on other days, tap Repeat and tell the iPhone the days you want the alarm to be repeated.)
5. Tap Sound to choose the ringtone that you want to wake to. You can even use the custom ringtone you created yourself. Note: If you want your phone completely silent, setting the Sound to Vibrate will not disable the alarms. The only way to guarantee that an alarm will not “accidentally” go off at an inopportune moment is to turn the Power OFF completely on your phone or make sure that your Alarms are turned off.
6. Tap Snooze to have the alarm appear on the screen accompanied by a Snooze button. The snooze will reset the alarm for 9 minutes.
7. If you want to call the alarm something other than, well, “Alarm,” tap the Label field to type another descriptive label. This is where I get creative and there’s no worry as to what that alarm was to remind me to do.
8. Tap Save when the alarm settings are to your liking.
I need help remembering all sorts of things. Between working in the Sales & Marketing Department at Network 1, focusing on the busy schedules of medical offices and law firms, handling non-stop activities with my kids and household reminders to discuss with my husband, I’ve got alarms reminding me of things all day long. They’re great because they help me remember things I otherwise would have forgotten. But the best fun is when my kids are around and the constant reminders get on their nerves. Little do they appreciate that their well-coordinated lives run smoothly because of my alarms!
Cheryl Sklar With over 25 years of experience in sales, marketing and general coordination, Cheryl uses her varied organizational skills to enhance the behind the scenes workings of Network 1. She strives to help things run smoothly wherever she can. firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.997.7641
Network 1 Consulting is a 15-year-old, IT Support company in Atlanta, GA. We become – or augment – the IT department for professional services companies: law firms, medical practices and financial services firms. Our IT experts can fix computers – but what our clients really value are the industry-specific best practices we bring to their firms. This is especially important with technology, along with regulations and cyber threats, changing so rapidly. We take a proactive approach to helping our clients use technology to gain and keep their competitive advantage.
Here are three of the most popular Tuesday Tips: